An exercise I call “Name 99 Things I Love,” can help you in all kinds of ways, too. You get a sense of what’s important in life, where your priorities lie and what brings you joy. For a writer—of memoir, fiction or straight nonfiction—it can also help you find your personality. Your distinct voice. I keep this list on the wall by my computer screen. When I need a break from writing, it reminds me of all the things in life I take for granted. So, in a way, it’s a gratitude list, too.
1. I love the girl of my life without whom I don’t even exist.
2. I love my family, and everything connected with them.
3. Travelling, exploring new places.
4. Food, I am a foodie and I love to taste new delicacies and go places for that.
5. Spicy food, Chicken and Chicken Biryani.
6. Reading books, and I have a resolution to read as much books as I can, this year.
7. A good book, a cup of tea and me; ultimate idea of spending solitude
8. Tea is the lifeline, it provides me with instant refreshment.
9. Having a good and sound sleep; I can spend the whole of my weekends by only sleeping, but that doesn’t make me a lazy person.
10. Surfing through the internet, it keeps me up to date with the latest trends.
11. I love to Help others and this habit is what I have inherited from my father and the ancestors.
12. The colourful canvas of the evening skies.
13. Adventure sports, especially Skiing. Have done multiple skiing courses and wish to go for more with my best half.
14. Snowfall, the view of evenly laid sheet of white snow mesmerizes my heart.
15. Trekking through the terrains of Himalayas.
16. Greenery, and that is what makes me miss my home so much.
17. Music that touches the heart and soul, especially romantic and slow music and ghazals.
18. My job, and I feel proud being part of such an awesome organization.
19. Learning new things.
20. Being optimistic.
21. Old and evergreen melodies of Kishore da and Rafi saab.
22. Purani Jeans (radio show) on Radio Mirchi hosted by RJ Sayema, as long as she hosts it.
23. Her eyes that express a thousand things without uttering a single word.
24. To pamper her when she feels low and the smile that I bring on her face with it.
25. To wake up with her beautiful face by my side.
26. Teasing her with the worst of my humour.
27. My phone.
28. Photography, selfies as well.
29. Giving nice surprises.
30. Handwritten love letters.
31. Long bike ride with my best half, going places.
32. Enjoying paani-puri with her.
33. Walking along a beach bare-footed, during sunset, holding her hand.
34. Playing and dancing with her amid snowfall.
35. A long drive on a rainy day, sipping chai at roadside stalls.
36. Hanging out with friends and celebrate occasions.
38. Holidaying in a foreign land with my best half.
39. Ladakh (the awesome landscape), Gulmarg (beautiful snowfall), Agra (Tajmahal) and Goa (Beaches).
41. DSLR Camera.
42. Gifting her a rose daily.
43. The sweetness of the language, Urdu.
44. Bikes, I am a crazy bike lover and so far I have changed seven bikes in last ten years.
45. A brisk walk with her everyday after dinner.
46. Cooking, and I would love to cook for my best half at least once in a month.
47. Having fan moment and a selfie with my inspiration, my motivation and my better half – you know who? She is Novemberschild.
48. Petrichor – the amazing scent of the soil after first rain.
49. Sound of the rain drops falling on leaves after a heavy downpour.
50. Comedy movies and shows.
54. Indian Defence Services, and their uniform is love.
55. Smell of pages of a new book.
56. Movies in the theatres
57. Flowers, they add colours to life.
58. Parajumping off a plane from a height of 35,000 ft.
59. Coke Studio
60. The Viral Fever (TVF) Videos.
61. Tom and Jerry cartoons.
62. Coffee at Starbucks with my best half.
63. Weekend romance and some good surprises.
64. Playing with kids, like a kid.
65. Flying around the world.
66. Simple dressing, a jeans and a t-shirt normally.
67. Ethnic wear, kurta pyjama.
68. A classy SUV.
69. A romantic candlelight dinner.
70. Going through the picture gallery again and again.
71. Winter season.
73. Fruit custard
74. Twitter, this is where I met the best half of my life.
75. Online shopping.
77. Writing fictions
79. The Rashtrapati Bhawan and the Mughal Gardens.
80. My school where I did my initial studies
81. Tea Gardens.
82. Darjeeling, sunset and the Kanchenjunga.
83. Lucknowi Shami Kebabs
84. Chocolate cake
85. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
86. Konkona Sen Sharma and Tisca Chopra
87. Getting directions to a place easily
88. A clear blue sky.
89. When she calls me by a special name.
90. When kids at home call me Chachu / Maamu.
91. My Tommy Hilfiger Backpack and Jaguar limited edition perfume.
92. My Twitter diary and the Red Ferrari Pen.
93. A beach facing house
94. My mom’s room where I spend most of my time at home.
95. My honesty and simplicity.
96. The first time we met each other.
98. India Gate, especially during Republic Day celebrations
99. All that which will make my “Mrs. Always Right” happy